Friday, February 23, 2007

Consider This..

1. Join the army, see the world, meet interesting people, and kill them.
2. Until I was 13, I thought my name was ‘Shut Up’
3. Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use
4. Work is fine if it doesn’t take up too much of your time
5. Born free; Taxed to death
6. If our constitution allows us free speech, why are there phone bills?
7. Someday is not a day of the week
8. If you tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe, he’ll believe you. But if you tell him a park bench has just been painted, he has to touch it to be sure.
9. The road to success is always under construction.
10. Life is unsure; always eat your desert first

7 comments:

AmitL said...

Hi,Aparna...now,this post was surely a 'worth considering' post.:)Haha to the 'shut up' name,grin grin to the work quote,hee hee to the life unsure quote...err,the word should be 'dessert', right?:)

Everyman said...

No 8: Verily Werily True!

U shd add sthin more u know..we need you to be writing!

A said...

Ha ha...first I thought it's the new set of Whacky 'Mantra Of Life' u have resolved to :). Some heard, some unheard...elegant juxtaposition of the grotesque and the serious truth...so when r u joining the Army :))

Goli said...

I loved the "shut up" thing... hehehe.
And I do also religiously follow No.10 when I go out for company dinners...In case you wondering, landed up through mayuri page.

APUGONNAB said...

@amitl - oops! Yes.. spelling mistakes!! *#$&

@everyman - u r rite.. Thus, the new post!!!

@ashish - sometimes, I wish I had joined it.. had a very huge desire to do it during final year of college, dunno what stopped me! Definitely was not my folks! :)

@goli - nah! I dont wonder, I am thankful :) Keep visiting..

3inone said...

life unsure... bring on the desserts:-)
Enjoy reading your blog. Thoughtful writing, easy reading. Will keep coming back.

Unknown said...

enjoyed reading ........ its true that life is unsure.